Team Lead – Data Migration
Jarvis Consulting Group Canada
51-200 employees – IT Services and IT Consulting
We are currently seeking a senior ETL/SQL developer to provide technical leadership to our data migration team.
- You will work with your team mates to design and implement ETL processes to inject customer data into our Products.
- You will leverage your ETL expertise to feed data from heterogeneous sources into our systems.
- You will use your well-polished business and communication skills to work with customers to understand their data requirements, help them make data-related decisions using your ETL knowledge and experience.
This is a hands-on team leadership role where you will also handle some of the team’s projects, including the more complex ones. The role will require you to learn new tools and technologies fast, and you should have in-depth database knowledge as well as basic programming and scripting skills.
Help to build efficient and stable ETLs scripts and methods that can be easily re-used in the future, as well as ensure that all relevant team knowledge is documented and disseminated.
- Engage with our clients to analyze their requirements
- Design and document solution to address these requirements
- Expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of large datasetsEvaluate the level of effort required to develop solutions
- Develop ETL scripts per client's expectations
- Document your work as necessary
- Diagnose and resolve problems using debugging tools
- Provide quality assurance testing and provide detailed technical feedback for your and/or your peers.
- Work alongside your peers in the Professional Services, Customer Success, and Sales team.
• Previous team leadership preferred
• Associates degree or equivalent technical experience, a bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• 5+ years of experience in data integrations
• Strong experience with ETL and database technologies
• SQL knowledge (query performance tuning, index maintenance, etc.) as well as an understanding of database structure
• Knowledge of data modeling principles
• Knowledge of at least one ETL tool (SSIS, Informatica, Talend, etc.)
• Knowledge of various SQL/NoSQL data storage mechanisms and Big Data technologies
• Passionate about complex data structures and problem solving
• Ability to pick up new data tools and concepts quickly
• Proven expertise with SaaS solutions and Cloud technologies
• Proven expertise with scripting and programming, including SQL, shell scripting, and Python
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing product and respond strategically to customer needs
• Paralegal or equivalent legal experience
• PostgreSQL experience
• Experience working with APIs, including API testing tools
• Prior programming experience
• Experience with a scripting language preferred