Sr. Workday Systems Specialist – Time Tracking & Absence Modules
Our client is a distinguished market leader in the manufacturing of roofing and building materials. A proudly Canadian-owned and operated company, with office locations across Canada and the US, they have established production facilities worldwide, boasting years of unparalleled success within the roofing materials industry. Their enduring success is grounded in values such as quality, integrity, and trustworthiness, and they are actively seeking talented individuals to join their dynamic, growing team.
The Role – Senior Workday Systems Specialist – Time Tracking & Absence Modules
Our client is seeking a Senior Workday Systems Specialist to join their HRIS team, contributing to the establishment of a Center of Excellence for their Workday system. Currently operational in several Workday HR modules, including HCM, Benefits, Time Tracking, Absence, Payroll, and Recruitment, with plans to implement the Learning module, this role will lead the Time Tracking and Absence modules, including integrated time clock solutions. You'll collaborate with HR and key stakeholders, handling operational issues, driving enhancements, and facilitating future acquisitions' integration. Although Time Tracking and Payroll are yet to be implemented in the United States, you'll play a crucial role in this rollout. The position offers flexibility to work from any of our client’s locations across the US and Canada, and is currently considering candidates for both permanent/FTE as well as consulting/contracting positions.
In this role, you will serve as the foremost technical authority and champion for our Time Tracking and Absence modules, ensuring comprehensive solutions, including the integration of a time clock system for our hourly employees. You'll collaborate closely with the HR team and essential business partners to address operational challenges within the current configuration, take the lead in introducing new features and enhancements, and facilitate the seamless incorporation of future acquisitions into the Workday ecosystem. It's noteworthy that Time Tracking and Payroll have not been implemented in the United States yet, but these are part of our future plans, and your contribution will be pivotal in supporting the rollout, working alongside the implementation project team.
- Target Start Date: Nov. 6, 2023 (or ASAP)
- Locations: See below for full list of Office/Work Site Locations
- Compensation: Competitive (Salary & Benefits Package for FTE, Contract rates for Consultants) – to be discussed with eligible candidates
TOP 3 REQUIRED SKILLS
Senior level Workday Systems professional, with strong configuration experience, and the ability to take full ownership of the following three modules & processes:
Time Tracking Modules
Integrated Time Clock Solutions
- Taking ownership of configuration for Time Tracking and Absence modules, ensuring collaborative problem-solving for configuration changes that affect other modules, including payroll. This ownership encompasses the entire cycle, from design and delivery to configuration, testing, documentation, and support.
- Handling all escalated inquiries and issues in Time Tracking and Absence, while also leading the introduction of new functionalities and enhancements.
- Supporting the integration of new acquisitions into the Workday ecosystem, making necessary configuration changes from start to finish within the Time Tracking and Absence modules.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to proactively analyze business requirements and translate them into effective configuration solutions, while effectively communicating system capabilities and limitations to enhance Workday's impact and facilitate smooth communication of changes and enhancements to the business.
- Maintaining thorough documentation, including design/configuration changes, process documentation, annual year-end system maintenance/setup requirements, and more.
- Supporting the semi-annual release process through regression testing, evaluating both new automatically available functionality and functionality requiring configuration for consideration on our roadmap, assessing potential impacts on the current ecosystem, implementing necessary configuration changes, and ensuring seamless transitions.
- Utilizing the ticketing/tracking tool as the central repository for all defects/change requests from the business and key stakeholders.
- Continuously assessing current configuration for opportunities to streamline processes, simplify configuration, reduce non-value-added activities, and minimize manual workarounds.
- Providing mentorship to junior HRIS team members, fostering a culture of learning for development and providing coverage/back-up.
- Promoting knowledge sharing and skill enhancement among key functional HR/Payroll team members and key stakeholders in the business to increase their comfort level and knowledge of Workday's self-service functionality.
- Actively leveraging the Workday Community for ongoing learning and development, offering support with creative solutions, input into brainstorming sessions, and feedback for future enhancements.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- A bachelor's degree in commerce, Business Administration, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 2+ years of Workday configuration experience, with advanced to expert knowledge in the Workday Time Tracking module and strong experience in the Workday Absence module.
- The ability to partner and consult with key stakeholders, guiding them from issue/request identification to communication and support.
- Proficiency in analytical thinking, problem-solving, and root cause analysis, providing solutions and translating comprehensive knowledge of HRIS/Workday and its back-end technologies into easily understood solutions.
- A technical aptitude for HR systems functionality and a deep understanding of interdependencies within the Workday ecosystem, especially related to Time Tracking, Absence, Payroll, and HCM.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel, including advanced formulas, Pivot Tables, exports/imports, and more.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to all organizational levels.
- Impeccable attention to detail for maintaining Workday architecture, processes, security, and data integrity.
- The ability to work well in structured and unstructured environments, excel under pressure, and manage changing priorities and timelines effectively.
- The highest level of confidentiality with sensitive information.
Preferred Qualifications/Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with integrated time clock solutions
- Experience with a Workday implementation
- Experience managing Time Tracking in union and cross-border environments
- Experience providing Workday reporting solutions to HR/business users
- Experience with agile delivery or willingness to work in an agile environment
- Workday Pro Certification(s)
Compensation Package (For FTE/Perm employees only):
- Competitive compensation and pay package
- Dental, vision, and medical benefits
- Life insurance coverage
- Health Spending Account
- Employee support and mental wellness initiatives
- A competitive matched retirement savings program (RRSP/401K)
- The opportunity to become part of a well-established and stable industry leader
Benefits of Employment:
Our client recognizes that its success is attributed to its employees' strength. A primary goal of our client is to promote individual employees' sense of accomplishment and contribution so that employees enjoy their association with our client. The Company invests in its employees to ensure they are the most knowledgeable in the industry and fosters loyalty and teamwork at our client. Our client is pleased to offer competitive compensation, health care, a progressive and challenging workplace, and a commitment to teamwork and integrity.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment:
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. Our client is committed to diversity and inclusion and is pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Our client encourages and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates participating in all aspects of the selection process.