Sr. Workday Systems Specialist – Recruiting, Learning & Reporting Modules
Our client is a distinguished market leader in the manufacturing of roofing and building materials. A proudly Canadian-owned and operated company, with office locations across Canada and the US, they have established production facilities worldwide, boasting years of unparalleled success within the roofing materials industry. Their enduring success is grounded in values such as quality, integrity, and trustworthiness, and they are actively seeking talented individuals to join their dynamic, growing team.
The Role – Senior Workday Systems Specialist – Recruiting, Learning & Reporting Modules
Our client is seeking a Senior Workday Systems Specialist to join their HRIS team, with a special emphasis on the Recruiting, Learning, and Reporting modules, as we collaborate with our client to build a Center of Excellence (COE) in support of their Workday journey. Presently, several Workday HR modules, including HCM, Benefits, Time Tracking, Absence, Payroll, and these specific modules, are in active use. It's essential to note that the rollout of Time Tracking and Payroll in the United States is a key component of their upcoming plans.
In this role, you will take on the role of the technical expert and leader for the Recruiting, Learning, and Reporting modules, steering comprehensive solutions and enhancements. Your collaboration with our client's HR department and key business stakeholders will be pivotal in addressing operational challenges, pioneering new functionality, and ensuring the seamless integration of future acquisitions into the Workday ecosystem. Furthermore, this position offers the flexibility to work from any of our numerous IKO locations across the United States and Canada. Join us in our client's Workday journey, and make a significant impact in these specific modules central to their organization's success.
- Target Start Date: Nov, 6 2023 (or ASAP)
- Locations: See below for full list of Office/Work Site Location
- Compensation: Competitive (Salary & Benefits Package for FTE, Contract rates for Consultants) – to be discussed with eligible candidates
TOP 3 REQUIRED SKILLS
Senior level Workday Systems experience, with strong configuration experience, and ability to take full ownership of the following three modules:
- Own configuration for assigned modules (Recruiting, Learning & Reporting) while ensuring collaborative solutioning for configuration changes that have impacts to other modules. Ownership is full cycle: design, delivery, configuration, testing, documentation, and support.
- Responsible for all escalated inquiries/issues for assigned modules as well as leading new functionality/enhancements.
- Support the integration of new acquisitions into the Workday ecosystem, assessing impacted areas within assigned modules and performing any required configuration changes/updates from end to end.
- Partner with key stakeholders to proactively analyze business requirements and translate them into effective and efficient configuration solutions, while communicating system capabilities and/or limitations to increase the impact of Workday and support communication of changes/enhancements to the business.
- Maintain strong documentation – design/configuration changes, process documentation, annual year end system maintenance/set-up requirements, etc.
- Support the semi-annual release process with regression testing, reviewing both new automatically available functionality as well new functionality requiring configuration for consideration for our roadmap, assessing any potential impacts to the current ecosystem, implementing any configuration changes required, and determining any communication needs to ensure seamless transitions.
- Utilize the ticketing/tracking tool as the central repository for all defects/changes requests from the business/key stakeholders.
- Continually assess current configuration for opportunities to streamline processes, simplify configuration, reduce non-value-added activities, and reduce manual work arounds.
- Provide mentorship to more junior HRIS team members and support a culture of learning to support development and provide for coverage/back-up.
- Foster knowledge sharing and skill enhancement to key functional HR/Payroll team members and key stakeholders in the business to increase their knowledge/comfort level in Workday and support the self-service functionality Workday provides.
- Actively leverage Workday Community for continued learning/development, support with creative solutioning, input into brainstorms/feedback for future enhancements, etc.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce, Business Administration, Computer Science or a related field.
- 2+ years of Workday configuration experience with advanced to expert knowledge in one or more of our implemented modules – Recruiting, Learning & Reporting)
- Ability to partner/consult with key stakeholders to work collaboratively with them from the identification of the issue/request all the way through to the communication/support.
- Demonstrated abilities using analytical thinking, problem solving skills and root cause analysis in identifying issues and providing solutions, as well as the ability to translate comprehensive knowledge of HRIS/Workday and its back-end technologies into successful easily understood solutions.
- Technical aptitude for HR systems functionality and a strong understanding of the interdependencies within the Workday ecosystem.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel, including advanced formulas, Pivot Tables, exports/imports, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to all levels of the organization.
- Impeccable attention to detail to help maintain our Workday architecture, processes, security, and data integrity.
- Ability to work well in structured and unstructured environments, under pressure, and with changing and competing priorities and timelines.
- Ability to protect and maintain highly confidential information.
Preferred Qualifications/Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Workday implementations.
- Experience providing Workday reporting solutions to HR/business users is an asset.
- Experience working with agile delivery or are open to working in an agile environment.
- Workday Pro Certification(s).
Compensation Package (For FTE/Perm employees only):
- Competitive compensation and pay package
- Dental, vision, and medical benefits
- Life insurance coverage
- Health Spending Account
- Employee support and mental wellness initiatives
- A competitive matched retirement savings program (RRSP/401K)
- The opportunity to become part of a well-established and stable industry leader
Benefits of Employment:
Our client recognizes that its success is attributed to its employees' strength. A primary goal of our client is to promote individual employees' sense of accomplishment and contribution so that employees enjoy their association with our client. The Company invests in its employees to ensure they are the most knowledgeable in the industry and fosters loyalty and teamwork at our client. Our client is pleased to offer competitive compensation, health care, a progressive and challenging workplace, and a commitment to teamwork and integrity.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment:
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. Our client is committed to diversity and inclusion and is pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Our client encourages and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates participating in all aspects of the selection process.