Sr. Project Manager_Fraud & Payments Technology (Conversion Work)
- Client: Leading Global Consulting Firm
- Division: Fraud & Payments Technology/Financial Crimes
- Location: Toronto (Hybrid role with 1-2 days in office)
- Contract: 1 year, with possibility of extension
- Start Date: July 2023
Our client is seeking a dynamic Sr. IT Project Manager, experienced in managing and driving complex conversion projects within fraud and payments technology. You will play a crucial role in managing the planning, execution, and successful completion of technology conversion initiatives.
The ideal candidate is a skilled leader, problem solver, and communicator who thrives in fast-paced environments and possesses a strong background in project management and conversion work, banking and FSI environments, and fraud and payments technology.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive overall project management initiatives for one of the pillars within the Financial Crime group, for Fraud & Payments Technology projects
- Drive the project’s success, including diving into some of the existing chaos and helping get the project back up to speed wherever needed
- Lead and manage end-to-end conversion projects, ensuring seamless transitions from legacy systems to new technology platforms.
- Planning and Strategy: Develop comprehensive conversion plans, outlining project scope, objectives, timelines, and resource requirements. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align conversion strategies with business goals.
- Risk Management: Identify potential risks and obstacles during the conversion process and implement mitigation strategies to minimize project disruptions.
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders, including business owners, IT teams, and executive leadership, to define project requirements and ensure alignment throughout the conversion process.
- Team Leadership: Provide guidance, mentorship, and supervision to a diverse team of conversion specialists, ensuring their professional growth and fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Performance Tracking: Monitor and track project performance, ensuring adherence to project plans, schedules, and budgets. Implement corrective actions as necessary to meet project objectives.
- Issue Resolution: Proactively identify project issues and bottlenecks, and work with cross-functional teams to resolve them promptly, minimizing project delays and risks.
- Reporting and Communication: Prepare regular status reports, executive-level presentations, and project updates to keep stakeholders informed about project progress, milestones, and achievements.
- Continuous Improvement: Drive process improvements and best practices in project management methodologies, tools, and techniques. Seek opportunities to optimize the conversion process for increased efficiency and effectiveness.
- Contribute to the overall success of the implementation by ensuring each workstream’s initiatives are executed in support of the team’s overall business strategies and objectives
- Leverage deep technology expertise to support the creation and delivery of end-to-end technical solutions
- Help to support driving business outcomes and act as a lead expert to ensure compliance.
- Develop and manage all project / program communication with senior stakeholders including building relevant status reporting, Steering Committee material and other ad hoc requests
- Collaborate with partners and project teams on software quality assurance review.
- Work with partners across Technology and apply a deep understanding of relevant business needs to identify and leverage synergies across the various areas and projects.
- Anticipate internal/external business and regulatory issues; recommend process and organizational improvements.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of external development, technology and emerging solutions, market conditions and their impact.