Sr. Project Manager
Jarvis Consulting Group Canada
51-200 employees – IT Services and IT Consulting
As a Sr. Project Manager you should be able to manage all aspects of project including planning, budgeting/financials, risk management, monitoring and controlling projects.
You will lead teams of stakeholders and business partners to ensure projects of medium to large all sizes are completed in line with the team’s budget and timeline as well as use your expertise in project management methodology to make recommendations for continuous improvements on all project plans.
- Ensure that Projects and initiatives are delivered on time and on budget with quality and adhere to processes, standards and policies including EDF and SDLC.
- Project kick-offs are completed for all projects that you will be assigned.
- Develop timelines for every project in MS Project and document reports on project reporting platforms e.g. Planview.
- Project financial forecast, monthly reconciliation, variance tracking and explanation, quarterly accruals reconciliation are on time for all assigned projects.
- Successfully manage and deliver small and/or medium sized projects up to $1 MM from start to finish incorporating all of the above items into its delivery.
- Validate scope of approved intakes and create a detailed estimate with project team members.
- Outline project goals, terms of reference, resource requirements, and costs.
- Help create a resource plan that ensures all stakeholders have a voice on the project.
- Assess the efficiency of the practices and procedures used by a team, and provide guidance that will continuously improve the project plan.
- Create a welcoming and collaborative environment on every project you work on, enabling our team members to perform at their best.
- Inspire your team to embrace digital ways of working.
- Act with courtesy, dedication and accountability to do what is right for our clients and each other.
- Communicate with project stakeholders effectively and manage their expectations.
- Ensure to meet all prescribed deadlines for project reporting by CCT PMO Risk and Governance team and uphold the risk and compliance guidelines applicable to your projects.
- Demonstrated experience of 2+ years in managing small to mid-size project up to $1 MM as lead Project manager. Possess working knowledge of Planview, PRF, Sharepoint, MS Project and MS Office tools.
- Hold a recognized certification in Project Management discipline will be an added asset though not mandatory, if compensated with good experience.
- You are a quick learner and can demonstrate experience of working with minimal supervision.
- Degree/diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, and/or a related field of study with IT management principals.