Position: Senior Software Developer
The role will expect not only top-shelf development skills, but for the candidate to be an advocate in the push towards better software practices, and better outcomes. In this role you will be part of a large and global team, and able to tap into a very diverse skill set – but also expected to contribute to that ever improving knowledge-base. The expectation for this role isn’t simply to deliver software, but to help the team deliver both new and existing software with testability, clarity of design, resiliency and scalability.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
• Work with a large, global team of developers in the design and build of a next generation valuation and risk infrastructure for the company.
• Work closely with both quants and traders in defining requirements, aligning deliverables, and continually refining code for quality.
• Contribute support and knowledge towards a transition to better devops tools, practices and metrics.
• Continuously identify potential issues, conflicts, and risks. Analyze, mitigate and escalate where appropriate
• Establish strong working relationships across business and functional units and platforms to build influence and impact with key business partners.
• Collaborate with groups to ensure to define and achieve deliverables and ensure initiatives are effectively integrated into company procedures and processes.
• Contribute to ongoing administrative program activities as required.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
• Strong programming experience modern C++
• Undergraduate degree or higher.
• 5+ years’ development experience.
• Passion for technology and large-scale software design.
• Dedication to high-quality, clear, and well-tested code.
• Deadline-driven, detailed and results-oriented; able to meet consistently high quality standards while handling a variety of tasks and deadlines simultaneously. Strong interpersonal skills.
• Experience in Risk Systems and / or Pricing Model Integration.
• Experience in the development of resilient distributed systems.
• Experience in working with large amounts of data.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
• A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
• Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
• Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
• Flexible work/life balance options
• Opportunities to do challenging work