Senior Manager, IT Portfolio and Operations Management
- Type: FTE
- Hybrid: 2 days in office per week (GTA/Toronto)
- Level/Seniority: Manager/Senior level
- Direct Reports: Oversee a team of 10
- Start Date: Feb 2024
Technical Knowledge & Additional Requirements
- Customer Service/Continuous improvement approach
- Vendor Management
- Utilities/Call Center/Digital/Web Experience
- BA or BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years of experience managing technology projects.
- Strong knowledge of application software packages and critical real-time applications.
- Experience in Electricity Transmission and Distribution Operations is advantageous.
- Familiarity with business planning, budgeting, and policy development.
- Knowledge of application sustainment activities and SLA adherence
Our client, a prominent player in the energy sector, is currently seeking a dynamic individual to join their team as a Senior Manager, IT Portfolio and Operations Management. With a rich history dating back over 110 years, our client is the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. They are dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service and fostering safe communities across the province.
Our client values diversity and is committed to creating a culture based on safety, innovation, and inclusiveness. Recognized as one of Canada's Best Employers for 2024 by Forbes, our client is dedicated to investing in the skills and success of their workforce.
As a Senior Manager in the Business Solutions group, you will lead a cross-functional team of IT professionals to fulfill the business objectives of the Customer Service and Corporate Communication lines of business stakeholders. Operating in an agile environment, you will collaboratively review business needs, refine priorities, and identify opportunities for process improvement and innovation through technology implementation. This role involves overseeing the entire technology stack supporting the line of business throughout the application product life-cycle.
This position will report to the ISD Director, Customer POD Family, who oversees critical systems enabling the Call Center, Billing processes, and Customers' Digital Experiences.
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to integrate system and technology plans with business goals and objectives.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to define requirements and facilitate documentation.
- Manage multiple projects, ensuring alignment with business strategies and proactive consideration of sustainment impacts.
- Engage with external parties, including utilities, regulatory bodies, and service providers, to ensure timely and cost-effective project delivery.
- Lead the review and evaluation of proposals, negotiate contracts, and manage project plans and documentation for audit purposes.
- Manage and motivate staff and contractors on projects, ensuring results within budget and schedule.
- Negotiate and influence vendors and service providers to achieve desired results.
- Communicate Hydro One's strategies and direction to align project objectives with overall goals.
- Build team alignment among diverse backgrounds for effective project collaboration.
- Resolve technical, business, and personnel issues, escalating unresolved matters as needed.
- Ensure control over both big and small projects.
- Oversee project managers and address escalations.
- Maintain the stability of lines of business.
- Handle operational aspects, ensuring timely resolution of system issues.
- Collaborate with vendors for system management.
Demonstrated Management Skills Required:
- Team leadership, client-service orientation, and excellent communication skills.
- Proactive initiative, collaboration as a team player, and strong business focus.
- Leadership and managerial competency to manage a professional team.
- Ability to achieve consensus on requirements and interpersonal skills for effective communication.
- Strong IT and business acumen, strategic business thinking.
Accountability for the Output of Others:
- Set expectations, priorities, and frameworks for subordinates.
- Establish effective policies and procedures for the unit's work.
- Ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, and corporate requirements.
- Foster a two-way working relationship with subordinates for continuous improvement.
Maintaining a Team Capable of Producing Outputs:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a staffing strategy.
- Develop and mentor subordinates, ensuring smooth succession and staff effectiveness.
- Assess staff capability and conduct performance reviews.
Providing a Safe and Healthy Work Environment:
- Provide appropriate knowledge, skills, and equipment for staff safety.
- Create a work environment minimizing health and safety incidents.
- Support diversity and maintain a harassment-free work environment.