Senior Business Systems Analyst
Jarvis Consulting Group
Location: Hybrid – downtown Toronto 1 day/week (Wednesday)
Contract Length: 6 months + FTE conversion
Start Date: ASAP
Fraud analyst in DSAP. This candidate will be joining the PREVENT team with a financial client.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Senior Business Systems Analyst to join our dynamic team focused on Fraud Prevention Technology. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyze, design, and implement innovative solutions to mitigate fraud risks.
- Gather, document, and analyze business requirements
- Collaborate with product owner and stakeholders to understand their needs and translate them into clear and actionable requirements.
- Work with technical teams to design and architect systems and processes
- Analyze large datasets and perform data profiling of the source data
- Maintain detailed documentation of business & system requirements, data & design specifications, mapping documents and error handling specifications
- Prepare user and support manuals and training materials as needed.
- Validate and test the functionality and accuracy of the systems being delivered
- Collaborate with QA teams to ensure high-quality deliverables.
- Facilitate communication between business units, IT teams, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Provide regular updates on project progress and issue resolution.
- Must Haves: Azure/Cloud/ADL, Databricks, SQL/Python
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, Information Systems, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in Business systems / data analyst through agile environment
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work with complex data.
- Proficiency in data analysis and profiling tools and programming languages (e.g., SQL, Python).
- Experience with data lake, Azure data factory, Databricks
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented and capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Solid understanding of the BA lifecycle
- Data-profiling experience required
- Excellent verbal & written communication (English)
- Highly motivated
- Able to work both independently and with various teams
- Willing to learn
- Strong interest and ability to document & analyze