Technology Support Consultant
Jarvis Consulting Group
Location: hybrid (downtown Toronto) once/week
Level of experience: L7 (3-4+ years)
The Consultant, Technology Support is responsible for coordinating highly complex infrastructure related initiatives in compliance with applicable service standards, methodologies, policies, and processes. The role performs tasks of advanced technical depth and breadth, acting as a focus point to support client production systems for complex infrastructure activities to facilitate task completion and meet project implementation goals. The Consultant, Technology Support identifies, connects, and guides multidisciplinary infrastructure service provider teams to analyze systems requirements and recommend solutions. The role troubleshoots complex issues for all levels, monitoring and analyzing technology and operational implementation and support process, recommending improvements in tools, techniques, products and services. The role devises new methods and procedures using strong analytic and inductive thinking.
The role works on complex issues involving one or more technical areas, and resolves technical issues to determine root causes, recommending solutions with the general guidance from the Senior Infrastructure Engineer. The role exercises independent judgement and decision making within ownership of projects, applying standards and roadmaps for hardware and software to analyze technical requirements and recommend infrastructure solutions. Leading the work of other professionals and technicians, the role looks beyond the immediate operating plan to anticipate longer term business issues, devising new methods and procedures using strong analytic and inductive thinking.
- Managing and maintaining Application Security tools like Blackduck, Fortify, Appscan with familiarity of tool integration with DevOps.
- Familiar working in Linux, Unix, Docker images, managing servers
- Knowledge of hardware configuration for both – VM and physical Servers (RAM, CPU, Disk Space etc)
- Knowledge of various Operating Systems (Server and PC) Microsoft based, Linux based, some knowledge of MAC IOS
- Knowledge of Various Web Servers – Tomcat, JBoss, Liberty
- Knowledge of permission assignment for shared drives, local drives etc
- Knowledge of NAS, SAN and other storage spaces
- Knowledge of Network configuration, Load Balancers (F5, HA Proxy), Firewalls, Gateways, DNS, Proxy etc– proper knowledge how data flows between nodes
- Knowledge of VM Ware and deployment of various images on VM (Linux based – Kali, Ubuntu, Windows based Server and Desktop)
- Knowledge of workstations (laptops, VDI)
- Knowledge of Java, (heap size assignment size, garbage containers etc), war file configuration and deployment
- Knowledge of AD, LDAP, SSO
- Working knowledge for installation of various Applications on Servers and Workstations
- Some knowledge of various Databases Servers especially Microsoft SQL, Postgress
- Previous banking experience is a great asset