Intermediate Solution IT Designer
Jarvis Consulting Group
Location: Hybrid – downtown Toronto 1 day/week (Wednesday)
Contract Length: 6 months + FTE conversion
Start Date: ASAP
This is a design resource for IT modernization. Candidate will be joining the RESPOND team with a financial client.
- Participate in Agile development projects and bring technical guidance and leadership to the pod.
- Align with DevOps principles and work to improve automation capabilities and development practices.
- Work to transitioning Fraud TS applications to ** Public cloud
- Lead the creation of a comprehensive end-to-end detailed solution with overall accountability for the technical design and delivery of the System Design Specification (SDS).
- Develop and document a detailed solution design within SDS, impart your subject matter expertise throughout life cycle.
- Participate in complex applications and systems development, programming.
- Take business, Enterprise Architecture, system performance and development standards requirements, then develop functional, technical and user interface designs for an application and/or system.
- Review technical deliverables for quality throughout detailed design and development phase, identify gaps or redesign as needed.
- Define metrics and performance goals with technology partners and peers.
- Respect client's technology delivery practices and standards, project management disciplines, business technology architecture, and risk and production capacity – this includes thorough project requirements, documentation, scope estimates, and costs.
- Deliver effective and efficient solutions by meeting milestones and ensuring project deliverables are on time, within budget, and adhere to the corporate quality and security standards.
- Support knowledge management processes and ensure knowledge is codified, monitored, tracked and managed.
- Ensure design leverages existing reusable components, traces back to business requirements, and that new modules are designed with reusability in mind.
- Identify and address any issue that affects the integrity of the application (e.g. cross-capability/release issues).
- Provide technical support to promptly resolve escalated incidents/outages.
- Must-Haves: Kafka, Azure, Batch/Streaming, API, Microservices, Complex Data Integrations, Splunk, Data Governance.
- Implementing solutions in Microsoft Azure
- Azure Application Service Environnent (ASE)
- Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Azure SQL
- Azure ASP
- Implementing DevOps processes
- The client's internal processes and technology artifacts
- Host mainframe, including IMS, DB2 knowledge
- Implementing and supporting COTS (Commercial Off-the-Shelf) applications
- Integrating with vendor-hosted (SaaS) applications
- Complex data integrations
- Data governance
- Health monitoring
Education and Accreditations
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
- 5-7 years relevant experience.