Intermediate/Senior DevOps Engineer
Jarvis Consulting Group
Location: Hybrid (Toronto)
Contract Length: 6 months
In this position, you will be working on infrastructure projects and processes. Keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and a solid knowledge base are essential.
- Work with our Cloud Platform team on various operational tasks
- Participate in agile software development projects by priming and executing SCM activities such as build, packaging, and deployment.
- Set up and maintain automation by adopting trending DevOps technologies and processes.
- Ensure SCM infrastructure and tools, including GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory Jira, Confluence, and Azure DevOps, are current, reliable and operational.
- Support application deployment and troubleshooting of environments.
- Develop, document, and promote branch/merge strategies, build, packaging and deployment methodologies, and ensure they comply with both CIBC and industry standards and best practices.
- Communicate, present, and ensure compliance of SCM strategies to development teams.
- Manage CI and CD tools with team
- Improve infrastructure development and application development
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by the company
Who You Are
- You have Knowledge of SCM fundamental concepts and practices such as branch/merge strategies, build process, packaging approaches, and deployment best practice. Extensive knowledge and experience with Java middleware application build and deployment automation using Jenkins.
- You can demonstrate experience with Jenkins, Docker, UNIX shell scripting, JWS, Kubernetes, OpenShift. Nice to have: Helm, Azure, Node/npm build, .Net application build, Previous banking experience. Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing, and resolving technical (software, application or operational) problems. Able to build and maintain relationships within and across different teams. Client focus and attention to details.
- You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You’re digitally savvy. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, engineering, software engineering, or related field
- 2+ years previous experience in development and operations, or related IT, computer, or operations field
- Previous experience with software development, infrastructure development, or development and operations
- Experience with Windows and Linux infrastructures, MS SQL Server
- Azure DevOps knowledge and hands-on experience