Position: Front-End Developer
As a Front-End Developer within the Digital team, you bring the ability to effectively provide development, support, and release activities on strategic initiatives to various business functions within the organization. This involves hands on coding, design, and architect technical solutions, perform code reviews, research and adopt emerging technologies to keep product up to date.
What will you do?
- Helps drive architectural discussions, enforces code structure, code quality, patterns and standards and oversees the execution / production of product development. Uses domain knowledge to mitigate tactical and technological risks.
- Works with Business Owners, Project Managers to ensure that the deliverables achieve the business result that enables value creation.
- Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of different approaches; provide accurate cost estimates and work with the team to meet the projected timelines.
- Ensures user experience, and user interface design is cutting edge, user friendly, and intuitive. Partners up with UI/UX leads where appropriate.
- Helps to drive product adoption, including demos, planning product features and changes during the early stages of project formation.
- Building exciting, customer-focused, engaging applications by focusing on software engineering / design / architecture excellence.
- Hands on experience designing, developing, testing and troubleshooting RESTful API and interface specifications (Swagger).
- Experience with DevOps such as Git, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence and other similar technologies
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent Communications skills – ability to present effectively to peers and management as it relates to technical solutions.
- Experience with back-end technology using NodeJS or .Net and front-end technology using Angular.
- Experience with Test Driven Design, Unit Testing and Functional Testing, using frameworks like Jest, Mocha, Chai and MSW.