Jarvis Consulting Group Canada
51-200 employees – IT Services and IT Consulting
The role of ETL Developer will require you to learn new tools and technologies fast, and you should have in-depth database knowledge as well as basic programming and scripting skills.
- You will leverage your ETL expertise to feed data from heterogeneous sources into our systems.
- You will use your well-polished business and communication skills to work with customers to understand their data requirements, help them make data-related decisions using your ETL knowledge and experience.
- You will help to build efficient and stable ETLs scripts and methods that can be easily re-used in the future.
Your expertise in the design, creation, management and business use of large datasets will help you:
• Engage with our clients to analyze their requirements.
• Design and document solution to address these requirements.
• Evaluate the level of effort required to develop solutions.
• Develop ETL scripts per client’s expectations.
• Document your work as necessary.
• Diagnose and resolve problems using debugging tools.
• Provide quality assurance testing and provide detailed technical feedback for your and/or your peers.
• Work alongside your peers in the Professional Services, Customer Success, and Sales team.
• Positively contribute to the improvement of the team’s quality, efficiency, and capability.
• Follow and contribute to your teams’ processes, best practices, methodologies, and guidelines.
• Most importantly, you enjoy working with data; you know the devil’s in the details and that’s why all your t’s are crossed and your i’s are dotted to 100% accuracy.
• Associates degree or equivalent technical experience, a Bachelor degree is preferred.
• 3+ years of experience in data integrations.
• Strong experience with ETL and database technologies.
• SQL knowledge (query performance tuning, index maintenance, etc.) as well as an
understanding of database structure.
• Knowledge of data modeling principles.
• Knowledge of at least one ETL tool (SSIS, Informatica, Talend, etc.);
• Knowledge of various SQL/NoSQL data storage mechanisms and Big Data technologies.
• Passionate about complex data structures and problem solving.
• Ability to pick up new data tools and concepts quickly.
• Proven expertise with SaaS solutions and Cloud technologies.
• Proven expertise with scripting and programming, including SQL, shell scripting, and Python.
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing product and respond strategically to customer needs.
• Experience with a scripting language preferred.
• Paralegal or equivalent legal experience;
• PostgreSQL experience;
• Experience working with APIs, including API testing tools;
• Prior programming experience.