Contract: 6 months (Opportunity for extension)
Remote (Hybrid for now, but office is in GTA)
This is the Enterprise Platform team handles the platform architecture for all all technology and business groups across the bank. All data generated from customers, interactions, and data points, is stored in this group, and their clients (tech and business groups) pull data from this platform to create reports, dashboards, and make informed business decisions. The selected candidate should:
- Design and Develop ETL Pipeline to ingest data into Hadoop from different data sources
- Design and develop efficient Mapping and workflows to load data to Data Marts.
- Write efficient queries in Hive or Impala and SQL to extract data on Adhoc basis to do the data analysis.
- Identify the performance bottlenecks in ETL Jobs and tune their performance by enhancing or redesigning them.
- Work with Hadoop administrators, PostgreS DBAs to partition the hive tables, refresh metadata and various other activities, to improve the performance of data loading and extraction.
- Responsible for Performance tuning of ETL mappings and queries.
- Identify various manual processes, queries etc. in the Data and BI areas, design and develop ETL Jobs to automate them.
– 4+ years of experience working as an ETL/DWH Developer with a few years financial services experience
– Advanced experience working on relational databases and writing SQL queries
– Good working knowledge of Netezza/Hadoop architecture – writing Hive queries
– Experienced in designing and developing ETL jobs (SSIS and Pentaho)
– Working Knowledge in AWS cloud environment – preferably with tech like python and redshift.