Data Migration Team Manager
Jarvis Consulting Group Canada
51-200 employees – IT Services and IT Consulting
We are currently seeking a manager to lead our data migration team. You will work with your team to manage the migration of our customers’ data to our flagship practice management software. This is both a people management and
technical leadership role.
From a technology standpoint, you will leverage your SQL and data analysis/ETL expertise to organize and transform data migration practices, reduce manual work, and minimize re-work while in an agile development framework.
- Manage and lead your reports and resources to execute on the data migration team’s vision.
- Recruiting, mentoring, and the development of individuals on your team.
- Manage onshore and offshore technology staff.
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and guidance of team’s resources onshore and offshore in architecting, designing, building, documenting, and QA of data migration activities.
- Collaborate extensively with Product to ensure a unified vision for customer data migrations.
- Organize the data migration teams’ work.
- Develop and manage team KPIs.
- Improve the team’s deliverables quality, efficiency, and capability.
- Develop and deploy processes, best practices, methodologies, and guidelines.
- Nurture a fast paced, efficient work culture.
- Reverse engineer competitors’ data platforms to optimize the migration of their data to ours.
- Engage with our clients to analyze their requirements.
- Design and document solutions to address these requirements.
- Evaluate the level of effort required to develop solutions.
- Lead the team in developing SQL scripts per client's expectations, documenting their work, and diagnose and resolve problems using debugging tools.
- Develop quality assurance testing processes.
- Work with the CISO organization to adhere to corporate security standards for platform and application development.
- Work alongside your peers in the Professional Services, Onboarding, Customer Success, and Sales team.
- 3+ years of people management (5+ teams)
- Bachelor’s degree in CS
- Excellent computer skills
- 5+ years of experience in data integrations
- Mastery of MS SQL Server and T-SQL
- Knowledge of data modeling principles
- Expertise in at least one object-oriented programming (C# preferred)
- Solid agile foundations (with Azure DevOps experience preferred)
- Passionate about complex data structures and problem solving
- Ability to pick up new data tools and concepts quickly
- Proven expertise with SaaS solutions and Cloud technologies
- Proven expertise with scripting and programming, preferably C# or another object-oriented programming language
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing product and respond strategically to customer needs
- Ability to anticipate, prevent and solve problems both scrappily and holistically
- Ability to perform detail-oriented work, independently as well as in a group
- Excellent communication, written skills, and analytical skills
- An ownership mentality and entrepreneurial approach, including comfort with intelligent risk taking and problem-solving skills.
- Be well organized with good delegation skills.
- Experience in leading Agile development practices.
- Possess the ability and experience to consistently deliver on teams’ commitments.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with senior management, stakeholders, and team members.
- Verifiable presentation skills, as a confident communicator who is enthusiastic, self-starting and flexible in style and approach.
- Results-oriented self-starter in need of limited or no supervision.
- Paralegal or equivalent legal experience
- Experience working with APIs, including API testing tools