Jarvis is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In over 10 markets across the US, UK, and Canada, our teams have the autonomy to move fast and do what’s right, always. They are backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world’s top technology providers.
At Jarvis, personal connection meets global scale. We build deep relationships with our clients within our markets and across the globe while sharing insights across markets to bring the full breadth of Jarvis’s expertise to every engagement. Our 3 regional incubation Centers are hubs for innovation, attracting top talent to rapidly co-create the technology products of tomorrow. With our purpose-driven mindset,
we partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Here at Jarvis, we are motivated every day by our company’s core values and vision. Our core values are at the heart of everything we do and guide how we work with our clients, our teams, and our communities. Each core value reminds us to stay true to ourselves while driving amazing outcomes for our clients. Our guiding
principle is to “Love your Future” which inspires our culture, work, and relationships, and most importantly it is how we make our biggest impact!
Headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Jarvis has organically grown to over 500 employees, consultants and mentors and advisors.
Does shaping the future excite you?
Are you inspired by blending your passions and career?
For you, recurring problems are an opportunity for improvement and today’s failure is a learning experience for tomorrow?
Are you comfortable in complex technological and organizational environments?
At Jarvis, we are driven by the diversity of thought, curiosity, and authenticity. We recognize that no two journeys are the same. Whether you embody all of these qualities or you are energized by loving your work and life, we want to hear from you!
As our first Agile Delivery & Canadian Practice Leader, you will be building and leading a multidisciplinary evolving team of up to ten team members, on a daily basis. It also means supporting the Product Owners, collaborating with the other Scrum Masters, and thus facilitating the continuous improvement of the entire group.
Together, we deliver the digital solutions that meet the needs of our customers today and tomorrow.
More details about your role
- Build effective and responsible high performance squads teams to delivers API or Low Code applications;
- Partner with product owner/manager to effectively create, maintain and refine the product backlog;
- Remove obstructions to the team’s progress to its sprint commitments
- Plan and facilitate sprint ceremonies including planning, backlog grooming and refinement, demo, retrospective, and daily stand-up meetings;
- Maintain relevant metrics to guide the development teams and show their progress in meeting business objectives;
- Monitor progress and team performance throughout the life of the project and monitor and manage project scope and deliverables;
- Understanding and communicating the impact of changes or new information on team velocity and their predictability;
- Ensure the Agile Scrum processes are followed when appropriate, and ditched when necessary;
- Manage the team dependencies and coordinate work with other internal or external teams;
- Support and facilitate continuous improvement to increase the productivity of the team and quality deliverables;
- Coach and facilitate the understanding of Agile values and principles.
- Experience of at least 5+ years in an Agile Leadership role and/or as a Lead/Senior Scrum Master/Software Project / Program Delivery or similar roles delivering medium to large scale initiatives;
- Posses a Scrum Master Certification;
- Have past experience hiring and building out Agile squads;
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills;
- Natural ability to manage change;
- Understanding of technical challenges and opportunities associated with development;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- A continuous desire to learn and evolve;
- Bilingualism (spoken/written) French and English;
- Mastery of Atlassian suite;
- Banking experience would be of value